There are two ways of using this peer-to-peer payment app for sending and receiving money.
- If you have a bank account linked to both the Cash App and Venmo application, receiving and transferring money is possible.
- You can set up a direct deposit for the Cash App account to ensure smooth transactions.
Table of Contents
How can you transfer money from the Venmo application to your Cash App account using your mobile?
Venmo application is available on IOS and Android. It has become one of the most popular apps among US citizens. Both the receiver and the sender need to be located in the US to become eligible for using this application.
If you want to send money on the Venmo application, it is crucial to associate it with one of the United States’ bank account, prepaid debit card, debit card, or credit card.
Venmo app enables users to withdraw money to a debit card or bank account. It’s vital to associate a checking account instead of a savings account because otherwise, there will be a standard limitation of 6 online transfers or withdrawal every month.
Money transfer from the Venmo to Cash App
Now let’s discuss transferring money from the Venmo account to the Cash App account step-by-step.
Direct deposit setup for a Cash App account
The Cash App is similar to a bank account. You can find the routing and account numbers only if you have a cash card associated with the account.
How to find your account numbers and routing numbers?
The initial step is finding your routing numbers and account numbers to set up the direct deposit system for your account on the Cash App. Follow the below-mentioned steps to accomplish it:
- Open the application on your iPhone or Android device.
- Click on the dollar sign to access the “My Cash” option.
- Click on the “Cash” button with the dollar sign next to it.
- Now scroll to the “Direct Deposit” option and click on the “Get Account Number” tab.
- A popup screen will appear where you need to tap the “Enable Account” option.
- Click on the “Copy Account Details” tab located under the account information.
- Here, you need to select the “Copy Account Number” and “Copy Routing Number.” It will copy the numbers on the clipboard of your device that you can paste somewhere safely.
Adding your account and routing numbers on the Venmo application.
You have now obtained the Cash App account and routing numbers. Add them to your Venmo application account by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the three horizontal lines located at the top hand corner of the Venmo application.
- In the settings section, tap on “Payment Methods”
- Now click on “Add a Bank or card”
- Here, you need to select “Bank”
- You will have to provide your preferable verification method.
You can also connect your Cash App card alternatively to your Venmo App account. You need to follow the instructions to complete the process.
- On your Venmo application, click on the three horizontal lines at the top corner
- Choose settings and then click on “Payment Methods”
- Click on Add Bank or Card” and then select “Card”
- Insert the card details of your Cash App. Use the camera of your phone to click the details of the card.
Transferring funds from Venmo to the Cash App account
After you successfully added the Cash App account and routing numbers or the Cash App card to the Venmo account, it is possible to directly deposit money through the Cash App account using the Venmo balance.
Bank account linked to both Cash App and Venmo application
This guide will help you to transfer money from your Venmo application account to the Cash App account by transferring money to a mutual account, which can be accessed by both the Cash App and Venmo.
Login to Venmo app
- Use your mobile number and search for the app icon having a blue background and a white-colored “V” on the top. This app is available for android and iPhone devices.
- Sign-in and start accessing the app. It is also possible to start the entire procedure on your PC.
Fund transfer – Venmo balance to the bank account
Follow the steps given below for your convenience:
- Add your bank account
- Complete the verification process
- Transfer money to the account
- Press the three horizontal lines located at the top of your app
- Click on “Transfer Money” to make bank transfer to bank. You may have to first chose “Manage Balance” and then tap on “Transfer to Bank” button, depending on the kind of device you are using.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- You have to choose between “Instant Transfer” or “1 -3 Business Days,” which does not need any transfer fee. A small amount of 1% per transaction is applied for an instant transfer.
- Choose either your debit card or bank account.
- Review the information, followed by confirming the transaction
- Click on the “Transfer Tab”
Cash App account login
After you receive the funds in your bank account, you need to login to the Cash App account on your phone.
Now when you can transfer your funds to the bank account, you need to send the same to your account on the Cash App.
You need to follow the below steps to accomplish this purpose:
- Click on the “Balance Tab” located on the home screen of your Cash App.
- Click on “Add Cash”
- Insert the amount to be transferred
- Press on the “Add” option
- Enter your pin or use the touch id to confirm
How much fund can you transfer?
With a Venmo account, you can transfer 299.99 $ every week. This limitation will continue until your identity verification is completed.
To verify your identity, it is important to have the following documents:
- Your full name
- Zip code
- SSN or social security number
- Physical address
After submitting all the details and your account gets verified, it’s possible to transfer up to 2999.99 $ every week in multiple or one transactions.
It is possible to transfer only 999.99 $in one transaction from your Venmo account to the bank account. But once verified, you can send up to 19,999 $ in 7 days.
This is a free application, but some of the services are chargeable.
When you fund your Venmo account with your credit card, 3% is chargeable on every transaction.
1% is chargeable for every transaction for instant transfer. It indicates a quick transfer of funds from your Venmo account to the debit card. This transaction takes place within half an hour.
No charges are applicable when you purchase at merchants having a Venmo payment option. Even if you buy using a credit card, it’s completely free. No fee is required while transferring funds to bank accounts.
Both the Venmo application and Cash App are popular modes of transactions now. Transactions take place quickly, especially in the case of instant transfer. These are reliable and authentic platforms that ensure safe transactions.