Table of Contents
How To Delete Cash App Account?
Have you been using the Cash App for long? Do you want to delete it for certain reasons? Then, you must be looking out for ways to delete it permanently. Deleting your Cash App account takes just a few minutes like permanently deleting your email ID. Moreover, the stage allows users to manage their accounts according to their own convenience.
If you have already made up your mind of no longer using this application, there are two available methods. Firstly, you can delete the application from your phone directly. Secondly, you can remove it through the official website of the Cash App. The unlocking procedure varies depending on the process you select; still you can delete the account without hassle.
Let’s discuss the deletion process step-by-step without further ado.
Points to consider prior deleting your account on Cash App
There are numerous points that you need to consider before deactivating the Cash App account.
It is impossible to gain back the accessibility to your transaction history after restarting or deleting your account.
You can download your transaction history to keep it for future reference.
It is not possible to delete your Cash App account if you have any pending payments or deposits. In that case, you need to clear the pending funds to continue with the deletion process.
It is vital to deactivate the subscription on the Cash App and stop generating the bill of the following month until you liquidate the account.
Account deletion steps
You can log in to the official website of Cash App account using your email ID, accompanied by the phone number, which you used while creating the account.
You will be directed to the dashboard of your account. The requested register code will automatically appear on the page of your app. Click on it, and the code will be sent to you through SMS or email. It entirely depends on the details provided by you at the time of registration. Although this process is necessary, it won’t become an issue if you do not hold a bank card or a money card.
Enter the code and click on the sign-in option to confirm your individuality.
Now, scroll down to the bottom of your page and tap on the deactivate account option.
This will lead you to another page where you need to provide an explanation for deactivating your Cash App account. Select your preferred option and tap the ‘Continue’ option. Just ensure that the text contains your phone number, complete name, and present email address.
You can get in touch with the customer care support team to know if the account deletion process has been successful. If not, you can request them for assistance immediately. Sometimes, additional information is applicable to complete the activation process. In that case, the customer care support team can assist you accordingly.
Process of deleting and linking your Cash App account from iPhone
Steps to delete your account on Cash App from the iPhone:
- Open the green-colored Cash App on your iPhone.
- If you have any amount left in your account, transfer the same to your bank before continuing with the deletion process. You can accomplish this by clicking on the ‘Cash Amount’ option given at the bottom left-hand position. Click on ‘Cash Out.’
- Click on the ‘Account Menu’ icon located at the top right-hand corner. It resembles a circle with the human head and shoulders.
- Click ‘Support’ located at the bottom of the menu. It resembles the question mark.
- At the end of the new menu, click on ‘Something Else.’
- Scroll down towards the end of the webpage of the new menu, click on ‘Account Settings.’
- Now, you will come across the ‘Confirm Closing Account’ option. Clicking on this option will sign you out from the Cash App account permanently. A confirmation text will be sent to you via email ID or phone number to confirm that you have unlinked your Cash App account. Just ensure that you receive this email or SMS before rebooting into the application.
- The applications on your iPhone screen will begin to shake, followed by an “x” sign on each of them. Click on the “x” sign on the Cash App to delete it from your system.
Cash App account deletion within the phone
It is possible to delete your account on the Cash App through the phone using the program application. This is most probably the simplest way available; let’s see how to execute the steps.
- Open the application in your Android phone
- If you have already cleared the funds from the Cash App account, click on the circular icon located at the top left corner to view the ‘Account Menu.’
- Scroll down to view the ‘Accounts Menu.’ Click on ‘Cash Support.’ Again, you need to scroll down and click on the ‘Something Else’ menu.
- Now, scroll down and click on the account settings option.
- Click on ‘Close My Cash App’ account. It confirms that you want to continue with the procedure of deactivation of your account. Immediately, you will be signed out of the application followed by a confirmation mail of account deletion that will be delivered to you through SMS or an email.
Deleting your account on a Cash App is a straightforward process. You can select any of the aforementioned procedures to complete the activation process, both the methods work seamlessly. Just follow the process mentioned above, and there you go.
Voila! Your account is now completely deleted.